Saturday, November 21, 2009

Critics Agree: New Twilight Sucks

The new Twilight film isn't something I'd ever pay to see, considering the last one -- which I also didn't pay to see -- was so boring I imagine taking a non-stop flight from LA to Miami without a laptop, earphones or in-flight film would be more interesting.

So, I rely on others to tell me if this one is worth watching or not. And it's not.

My friend Mara reports: "Was bored out of my skull for most of New Moon."

Her assessment is pretty consistent with the critics. The Twilight Saga: New Moon only scores 29 percent on Rottentomatoes.com.

Tom Long of the Detroit News says, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon is a mess."

Stephanie Zacharek over at Salon.com calls it "badly shaped."

David Germain, reporting for the AP, says, "All three lovers are so joyless, it's hard to imagine why any of them would want to spend eternity together."

And, the best, comes from Peter Travers of Rolling Stone: "I can't comment on the acting because I didn't catch Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner doing any. They basically primp and pose through the same humdrum motions they did before."

No comments: