Friday, July 18, 2008

Avoid: Muvico Paradise 24 in Davie, Fla.

After having driven 27.76 miles from my home in Miami, waiting in line for 20 minutes and sitting in a theater for nearly 2 hours for The Dark Knight to begin, I was forced to leave the theater when the house lights were turned on and the sound cut off two hours into the film (this after the 12:01 a.m. film didn't begin until closer to 12:30, and the first trailer commenced without sound).

The shift manager had no idea why the house lights were turned on in the theater and could not explain why the audio had gone off. Further, when confronted for an answer, he offered snide comments to customers, and demanded that I show stubs for my entire party before providing a refund to my credit card, even though I had provided him with a credit card receipt. He claimed this was an impossibility, that the "system" didn't allow him to provide refunds without stubs. However, 15 minutes later, he was able to give me a refund on the card even though I provided him with only 3 of 4 stubs. He also refused to provide vouchers for my party and I to return later to watch the film.

This is the second time that my film-going experience was ruined at this Muvico. The last time was during There Will Be Blood when the first 10 minutes of film went on without sound. When the manager was notified, it took him 10 minutes to respond. Then, when the film was rewound, the image that was projected was wholly distorted. I had to go to another theater to watch the film.

No comments: