Friday, July 18, 2008

Must See: The Dark Knight



Believe the hype. While the horribly staffed Muvico Paradise 24 prevented me from seeing the entirety of The Dark Knight, I can tell you this: The 2 hours that I saw was wholly entertaining, well acted, cohesive, tension-filled and utterly engrossing drama. Heath Ledger is absolutely transcendent as the maniacal Joker; Christian Bale is the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne; Maggie Gyllenhaal was an absolute upgrade from Kate Holmes as Rachel Dawes; and Gary Oldman kicks major ass as Lt. James Gordon. If you enjoyed Batman Begins, The Departed, the Godfather, or any crime/action movie of note in the last 30 years, you'll definitely enjoy The Dark Knight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer about that crappy theater ... but I am happy to hear that the film met your high expectations. I can't wait to see it!